The General Accounting Office of the Ministry of Finance, is pleased to announce the Hellenic Numismatic Programme of 2012, introducing the following numismatic products:
- Collectors’ blister skin pack with a 2euro Commemorative Coin issued to celebrate the “10 years of the Euro” (2002-2012).
- Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) sets of Greek Euro Coins, containing all eight denominations, dedicated to “The island of Santorini” which has been selected to be the winner in a public web voting competition organized by the Travel & Leisure NY, concerning the best island in the world for 2011.
- Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) sets of Greek Euro Coins, comprised of all eight denominations, as well as of one silver collector coin (triptych), dedicated to the famous Greek Doctor George Papanikolaou, commemorated on the 50th anniversary of his death.
- Gold Collector Coin, with the face value of 100€, having two themes: either the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Liberation of the City of Thessaloniki or the Outbreak of the Balkan Wars.
- Mini Gold Collector Coin, with the face value of 50€ dedicated to the Archeological Site of Pella (Macedonia).
- Silver Collector Coin, with the face value of 10€ dedicated to the «Hellenic Culture & Civilization».
- Proof Coin Sets especially for collectors, in limited edition.
21 July 2012 - Today the Central Bank of Greece has presented a brochure illustrating all the numismatic items that will be issued by Greece this year. You can see this brochure by >> clicking here
17 September 2012 - The Central Bank of Greece issued a leaflet featuring all the 2012 numismatic items from Greece, you can check the leaflet by >> clicking here (thanks to member Ioannis Roussos for bringing this to our attention)
(C) Greece - Ministry of Finance